Friday, December 24, 2010

December 2010 Flooding!

So pretty my favorite!!!
The lower Reservoir water coming over the damn.


The upper Reservoir water coming over the spillway.


The upper reservoir at the boat dock. Only about 6-8 feet of boat dock available.



The diversion pond and water going over the spillway on it as well.


I was totally amazed at how much water we got. It was spectacular to see how much rain we got plus to see all the water running in every wash. We got a total of about 19 inches at a peak just behind the reservoir called Gutz Peak. When I heard that I about died I couldn't believe it. I helped sandbag when we had the January 2005 flood and I thought that was bad which it was. But having experienced it already people were a little more prepared and kind of new what to expect. We had much more water this time around than we did five years ago. A so called once in a lifetime flood has now happened just five years apart a quite amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment