Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting Wood!

Only about a half of cord in this picture.

Ben getting the chain saw ready.




Getting wood is always so much work but for some strange reason I always enjoy myself. Plus you usually get a good workout. We went up to Aspen Park this last Saturday and got a load of wood. We got a full cord in a very short amount of time I thought. The kids enjoyed themselves and had lots of fun playing with cousins. Ben's brother D.J. and his boys also came and got a load themselves. It was so beautiful all the leaves changing colors. The weather was just right not to cold but not to hot. We only cut Aspen this time and will be going back out again sometime to collect a different type of wood maybe cedar I don't know for sure. Ben bought himself a new chain saw that cost a but load of money but it was well worth it. We also bought a new wood stove and it cost a but load also but I LOVE IT!!!! It is so pretty and burns great I don't have to sit and load it all day it makes it so nice and heats so much better. I am so looking forward to winter this year I love that time of season I love snow and everything that has to do with winter. I don't even mind shoveling snow. I know I am silly but oh well.

1 comment:

  1. We have been cutting and splitting wood lately to build our stock pile. I also really enjoy it, the weather was wonderful here, the kids help and we all enjoy ourselves. Chas said this morning he is ready to load up the stove and be warm, He haven't had to start it yet, but it won't be long. I'm not crazy about cold weather, but I like the smell of the wood burning and snuggling with Chas and the kids in blankets.

    ReplyDelete