Saturday, July 31, 2010

Arpicot Jam


So I went over to my in laws house the other day to take some stuff over. When I got there and was talking to them they asked me if I wanted some apricots so of course who would pass up free apricots. I told them sure I would love some and that I would make a batch of jam. So they agreed to give me some and asked how much I wanted I just told them just enough to make a batch of jam I didn't want to take all of them away from them after all they were theirs. Well low and behold I went out into the garage to get a bag full and they had six five gallon buckets clear full I about died. So I casually asked if I could just have a bucket they of course were more than happy to give me a bucket full. So I took them home. I finally got around to making the jam later on in the week. I love apricot jam it is my very favorite. It reminds me of my grandma Staheli so much. I was taught how to make it by my grandma and aunts. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. Oh how I miss my grandma something fierce. She was and is one of the best women that I know or ever have known. But back to the jam I made four batches of five pint jars. I was so happy with myself. I feel sometimes like I am a Betty Crocker at least when it comes to bottling. Call me old fashioned but I love canning. It makes me feel good knowing that I don't always have to rely on the grocery stores.

3 comments:

  1. thats awesome! i love to see people be so self reliant! which staheli's are you related to? enterprise? with the doll house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am related to those Staheli's but down the line a ways. The Staheli's I come from from are Rodney and Maxine. And yes they are from Enterprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!!! You little homemaker you!!

    ReplyDelete